Religious Education Program (2022-2023)
Registration for Religious Education Classes is Now Closed.
If you moved into the Mission boundaries after August 15, 2022, please contact our Director of Religious Education Shareen Klos at 703-754-8444 or email@example.com.
St. Katharine Drexel offers faith formation classes for children in grades 1-8 through our Religious Education Program. As parents, you are the primary teachers of passing the Catholic faith to your children. Our program serves to supplement those teachings using the Diocesan curriculum and supplemental materials.
Our classes for the 2022-2023 school year will run from September 18, 2022 through May 21, 2023 and are held at Battlefield High School on Sunday mornings from 9:10 AM to 10:15 AM.
Attendance at Weekly Mass and Holy Days of Obligation is required for those enrolled in their Sacramental year for First Communion (2nd grade) and Confirmation (8th grade).
We offer a two-year Sacramental preparation program for those who wish to receive First Holy Communion or Confirmation. The program helps children know and understand more deeply God’s immense love for each of us.
Through the program, children will learn what it means to be a faith-filled Catholic and how they can apply these values to their everyday lives.
Registration Requirements (now closed):
- You must have your Parish ID/Envelope # to register for Religious Education. If you need this number email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To complete religious education enrollment, we must have payment in full and a copy of your child’s Baptismal certificate on file before they will be placed in a class.
- To enroll in our program, you must be a registered member of St. Katharine Drexel Mission. If you are not currently registered or live outside of our boundaries, you must first register with the parish. Please use the following link to complete that process: Become a Member of St. Katharine Drexel Mission.
- You MUST submit your parish registration and letter to Fr. Murphy by July 29th for consideration. If approved, registration for Religious Education must be completed by August 15th.
- Please contact Shareen Klos, Director of Religious Education, for additional information at (703) 754-8444 or by email at email@example.com.