We are pleased to share that a parish family has graciously offered their family barn as a temporary home for us to celebrate Mass! We have been working out the details and are overwhelmingly thankful for this opportunity. As you know, PWC intends to keep schools closed for awhile making it obvious we are without a Spiritual Home. It is so sad that we have had no place to worship.
Thankfully, we now have a new temporary home! The joy of again seeing the families of SKD while praising our Lord, will be wonderful. We have truly missed you!
So, here are the important details:
Four Hills Farm
4610 Sudley Road
Catharpin, VA 20143
- Please stay home , if you feel sick, have a fever, sniffles, or cough.
- Parking – for most will be down the hill and to the left after passing through the entry gates. For those who require assistance, drive up the hill and park near the barn entrance. A ramp is located on the left side of the barn.
- Wearing a mask. Bishop Burbidge expects it. Governor Northam wants it worn but makes allowances for health (mental or physical). And, Fr. Murphy will don one for the distribution of Holy Communion.
- Hand Sanitizer is located at both entrances for your use upon arrival and departure from Mass.
- Seating – We will do our best to keep everyone seated 6’-0” apart. Families can be seated in close proximity. Our Ushers will help shift chairs as needed.
- Seating – inside will be limited. Please consider the reduced occupancy when planning your arrival. We encourage you to pack up your lightweight spectator chairs so you can take advantage of sitting outside when necessary.
- Restrooms are available-wash hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Collection baskets – will be at each entry to prevent contact as baskets passed around.
- No Air Conditioning – The barn has ceiling fans that keep the space comfortable during the morning hours.
- Exiting the Farm – Please exit to the right, toward Manassas. Visibility is reduced as the road curves just before the driveway. This will also allow for a smoother departure. You can turn around at the Alvey Store/ gas station on your left or take a right on Pageland and follow it to Rt. 29 / Gainesville.Father Jon O’Brien Knights Knights of Columbus Council are vigilant about set up and sanitizing all chairs. Indoor seating is set up as follows: single chairs, pairs of 2 and family group of 4, all properly distanced. For outdoor seating, the Knights are setting up a tent. Parishioners may bring lawn chairs and attend Mass outside near the barn. The sound system is excellent. You may also contact Jeff Carnicelli, Grand Knight, Father Jon O’Brien Knights of Columbus with questions at (703)407-0979.